Who We Are
GhostWryter does not sell or share your information with anyone else, and the information collected is used only to debug, improve, and operate the services offered. Please see below for specifics on what information is collected about your visit.
Like most standard websites, this website automatically produces log files. These files include IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, and date/time stamp. None of this data is linked to personally identifiable information.
GhostWryter provides one add-on for Google Docs
The Add-on uses Google Apps Script to automate data handling processes within your Google Docs. GhostWryter add-on runs entirely within Google Docs, and none of your Docs data is accessed, viewed, or stored by our servers. Upon installation, this add-on request the following permissions:
- View and manage docs that this application has been installed in. GhostWryter add-on imports data into your docs, which requires reading and modifying your docs. We have limited the scope of this permission to your current docs, rather than the default scope of reading/writing all docs.
- Connect to an external service. This permission is required for fetching subscription info and fetching data from API services as requested by the user.
- Allow this application to run when you are not present. This enables you to set triggers so your API requests can run automatically.
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications. This permission is required for opening up the sidebar so you can configure your API requests.
When you install GhostWryter Google sign-in will authenticate your identity and share your email address with us. GhostWryter collects the following personal user data:
- email address
In addition, GhostWryter logs data using the Google Cloud Platform. Along with email address, the following data is temporarily logged to assist with debugging:
- error messages from unsuccessful API requests
- hostname of API requests
- timestamp of API requests
- trigger frequency
- subscription status (paid)
Finally, requests, triggers, subscription data, and limits are saved into your own sheet using Google storage, specifically Document Properties and User Properties. GhostWryter does not place cookies on your device, and does not store, access, or collect API authentication details, request headers, full request URLs, or copies of any Docs content produced by the API request process.
Logs are retained for 3 months and then automatically deleted.
User data will be deleted upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will perform the deletion within 30 days and will send you a confirmation once the request has been processed.